Taking a decision on which WordPress web hosting service provider a company should rely on can be a challenge. With so many options out there for hosting services, it’s quite easy to get fall in the trap and lost. As your website grows and receives more and more visitors, it becomes crucial to choose the right WordPress web hosting that provides you a proper space to create a strong digital presence. Having a reliable hosting plan gives you better opportunities to manage your WordPress site securely.
In this article, we will discuss about some important things to consider before choosing a WordPress web hosting service provider. Hopefully, by the time you finish reading this article, you’ll be able to make an informed decision by opting for a hosting company and package which best suits your needs.
1. Understand Your WordPress Web Hosting Needs
It’s just hard to get a reliable web host without knowing the actual requirements of your website. For this, you can write down the a list of core objectives of your website and make a list of all the requirements to expect to be met by your service provider. You can start writing points relating to what kind of website do you want to create? A blogging, community or an online shopping. Is it a new website or an existing website with a considerable amount of traffic. Technology used in your website and more.
2. The Kind of WordPress Web Hosting You Need
There are mainly four types of hosting plans or services available and all of them are different in their own way. Let’s discuss about each of them in brief.
- Managed Hosting – it’s a newly introduced hosting plan aimed at taking the hassles out when it comes to dealing with the technical details of your website at the time of installation by provide high level of configurations.
- Shared Hosting – it’s a relatively cheapest hosting service available so far. By opting for this, one could easily share the resources of their services such as memory, computational power etc., between you and many virtual users.
- VPS Hosting – users who opt for this plan are provided with their own share on the server along with a password. The downside of VPS hosting is that you can’t assert complete control on the memory and computational power.
- Dedicated Hosting – In the dedicated hosting, a physical server is provided to the user that’s solely dedicated to manage and run their website. The advantage of this hosting is that it is the user who is having the power to decide the extent of the server’s memory and computational capabilities, while ensuring a high level of performance.
Pricing is a factor which most of us consider first whenever it comes to choosing a hosting provider; but it shouldn’t be the deciding factor. We all know that WordPress web hosting services are available at different prices and packages. And jumping on the sub-standard offer isn’t an idea to be followed, especially when your purpose is to make money. Make sure that whatever the package you choose, it should ensure you to provide a quality service at reasonable cost.
There are times when your website gets hacked or your entire database gets destroyed or the server has a hard disk failure. In such a scenario, if your hosting company is maintaining a regular backup of your website, then there is nothing to worry about, but if not, you might be in a wrong track. Make sure your hosting provider should be able to restore your complete website at the time of destructive conditions.
5. User Friendly Control Panel
Having a user-friendly panel is extremely important to perform a range of tasks such as installing WordPress, setting up email, FTP accounts etc. Irrespective of whether your hosting company uses cPanel or Plesk or a third-party control panel (like Godaddy.com) there shouldn’t be any problem as long as it provides a friendly way of performing modifications, updates, and several other basic changes. Without an adequate control on the panel, you can’t do much within your website, and you need to call your hosting tech support even for some basic server changes.
6. Server Reliability
One shouldn’t underestimate the importance of the reliability of server when it comes to selecting the hosting company. Since your website is online, and need to run all the time, it’s essential to choose the one which promises minimum downtime. There are companies who guarantee 99.99% uptime, but that shouldn’t be the only deciding factor. A server should also be fast, secure, and able to provide quick website backup.
The kind of hosting company you select for your website determines its success to a great extent. A hosting company plays an important role in maintaining and channelizing the overall functioning of your website while giving you a peace of mind. So, it is important to consider above mentioned guide whenever you go to select your WordPress web hosting service provider so you can focus what matters the most.
. Which is your favourite WordPress Web Hosting service provider and what would you recommend for beginners? Please let me know in the comments below.
About The Author
Edward Jones is a web developer cum professional blogger. Currently, he is working with OSSMedia Ltd.- Outsource WordPress Development Services. He holds an impressive amount of expertise in major CMS platforms including Drupal, WordPress, Joomla and Magento. You can go through his write-ups for gathering a greater insight into the popular CMSs available today.